Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello everyone! My name is Sylvia Durell and I am the new Hernando County Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ Coordinator. While I am new to this position, I am not new to FFL. As project manager at the Southwest Florida Water Management District, I helped nine counties develop and fund FFL programs at their Extension offices. In addition, I worked closely with the UF state FFL office to create publications and enhance the overall program.

My goal is to help as many Hernando County residents as possible realize the money-saving, time-saving and water-saving benefits of FFL. My first two workshops will be on rain barrel use. The upcoming one is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 5:30 p.m. at the Extension Office.


I hope to see you soon at a class, workshop or just out-and-about in Hernando County!

No comments:

Post a Comment